Monday, February 17, 2014

Interview by Madelynne Scales

The university has a record enrollment of 35,568 students this semester. How has this increased enrollment affected you?
-No it hasn't. Parking is no hassle and neither is commuting. "As long as you plan ahead there is no issue."

Should the university continue to grow?
-"It's inevitable that it will grow." It's only my first semester here.

Did the size of the university influence your decision to come here?
-Yes, in some ways it did. I live in Austin and there is no way it is remotely possible to park on UT's campus. I also don't like the "prestigious mentality at UT.

You said you're from California, do you like Texas? Which do you prefer, Austin or San Marcos? How did this determine your decision to attend Texas State?
-I love living in Austin, but UT is too big. "I like Texas Sate for its community style." I am originally from a small town so in some ways San Marcos gives me that hometown feel.

Emilia Parada
ebp11@txstate.edu
Hispanic 
Female
age 26
from California 
Cashier, works 40+ hours a week 
Communication Studies major 

No comments:

Post a Comment