Monday, February 17, 2014

Interview by Lindsey Byrnes

Crystal Flores
Contact: crystalyvonne24@gmail.com
Major: fashion merchandising
Level: Junior
Race: Hispanic(Latino)
Gender: Female
Generation: 18-25
Geography: Austin, Texas



The university had a record enrollment of 35,568 students last semester. How has this increased enrollment affected you?

"I just transferred here last semester so it really hasn't affected me."

Should the university continue to grow?

"I think it's good for it to grow because it gives it a more diverse community."

Did the size of the university influence your decision to come here?

"Yeah. I like that it's not overly huge but it's not small which is nice."

What else about Texas State made you want to come here?

"I live in Austin so it's convenient and close. And I love Texas so I didn't want to leave Texas. And that it's so green. I'm from El Paso and everything is brown there."

So you are a commuter, do you drive or ride the bus to campus?

"I drive from Austin."

Do you ever have problems with parking?

"Yes, I do have trouble with parking. I think they should build more parking spaces."

No comments:

Post a Comment